Merlin 'Tess' Outlast women's / ladies textile motorcycle trousers
The Outlast trouser is the accompanying highly specified Taslan and Outlast trouser to match the Outlast jackets. The trouser comes in a soft Taslan material outer and is supported by the premium Reissa waterproof and breathable membrane and a removable Outlast thermal liner.
- Outlast Removable Liner Using Outlast ‘Morrison*
- Outer Constructed In Taslan, 2x Strength Of Polyester With High Water Repellency
- Korean Sourced Reissa Waterproof And Breathable Membrane Covered With Quality Mesh
- Pre-fitted CE Safetech Italian Knee Armour (Removable)
- Ballistic Reinforcement To Inner Ankle
- Stretch Panel Above The Knees
- YKK And Max Heavy Duty Long And Short Connecting Zip Throughout
- Double Adjustment To Waist
- Two Large Patch Style Front Pockets With Zips
- One Cargo Pocket To Leg
- Nightgloss Reflection To Side Of Trouser
- Subtle Merlin And Outlast Branding
*Outlast® technology, originally developed for NASA, utilizes phase change materials (PCM) that absorb, store and release heat for optimal thermal comfort. Outlast® technology is comparable to ice in a drink; as it changes from solid to liquid, it absorbs heat and cools the drink, keeping that drink at the desired temperature for longer. Outlast® phase change materials work in the same way, but are micro-encapsulated to be permanently enclosed and protected in a polymer shell. We call micro-encapsulated phase change materials Thermocules™.
This encapsulation process makes the Thermocules™ exceptionally durable for many applications. These Thermocules™ can be incorporated into fabrics and fibres and have the capacity to absorb, store and release excess heat. This gives any product containing Outlast® technology the ability to continually regulate skin’s micro-climate. As the skin gets hot, the heat is absorbed, and as it cools, that heat is released.
Outlast® technology is not wicking technology, which manages moisture by reacting to your sweat and pulling it away from the skin. Outlast® technology will proactively manage heat while controlling the production of moisture before it begins.
Tested in Space, and Right Here on Earth
Outlast® technology is the only phase change material that carries the Certified Space Technology™ seal of approval. The technology was first developed for use by NASA, and continues to be developed and tested for efficacy and safety, across multiple applications, for major brands around the world. Outlast currently holds over 96 patents related to thermally adaptive materials.